We are looking for a creative and organized venue events manager to handle event bookings for Heights House Hotel, in addition to helping create and execute internal events that generate brand awareness. In this role, you will be required to communicate venue pricing packages to potential clients, secure bookings, liaise with clients, and help coordinate the logistics of events to ultimately ensure each event is flawlessly executed.
The best person for this role should demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, attention to details, strong math and leadership skills. Ultimately, top-notch venue managers are able to anticipate logistics and requirements for events, foresee risks, anticipate needs, and show exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills so clients and attendees are impressed and pleased by the time each event comes to a close. Sometimes having uncomfortable conversations or saying no to requests comes with the territory and we are seeking someone who can handle anything that comes their way with grace and a level head.
**Must have a minimum of two years managing events, preferably at a venue that hosted high end weddings.**
- Touring potential clients through the hotel to help them envision the flow for their event.
- Preparing venue pricing packages and negotiating with clients.
- Managing all bookings for events and liaising with the clients to determine event requirements.
- Liaising and coordinating with vendors including the tenting company, event staff, rental companies.
- Liaising with catering services and supervising their requirements and logistics.
- Supervising the operations of events and tending to any incidents or queries.
- Managing administrative tasks such as event alcohol orders, booking schedules, and invoicing.
- Communicating all security regulations and protocols.
- Creating a positive, relaxed atmosphere where guests can enjoy themselves.
- Coordinating internal teams to keep them informed of upcoming events and guest needs.
- Hire and manage day-of event support staff.
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
- Adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet timely deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ambitious and proactive in booking events
- Calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
- Flexible and willing to work outside normal business hours (evenings, weekends)
- Build excellent relationship with client and client’s team through positive communications
- Excellent communicator
Get a more in-depth look at the space and everything it has to offer by clicking the link to the right.this way ▸