32 hrs/week with willingness to work weekends, mornings/evenings and some holidays. Covid-19 vaccination is required for our staff.
Tentative Start Date: ASAP
As a Heights House Guest Services Specialist, you are the face of the business to our guests and broader community. Someone who is authentic and genuine. Experience in hospitality is a plus but more importantly is your energy and enthusiasm.
As a guest services specialist, you are responsible, self-motivated and driven. Detail oriented while keeping the larger vision clear in mind. In addition to the normal responsibilities, we are looking for a creative person who is interested in honing systems and exploring new possibilities. Must be tech-savvy. The business will use multiple SaaS platforms to manage day to day operations. And when unforeseen circumstances arise, they are a problem solver and decision maker, proactively finding resolutions while keeping a positive attitude.
- Responding to overnight booking inquiry emails and phone calls
- Become an expert on the Mews booking software to track guests, invoices, payments, etc.
- Become an expert on the Whistle messaging system integrated with Mews
- Work with the hotel General Manager to order all food and beverage needed for guest breakfasts
- Work with Events Manager for wedding room blocks and overlapping logistics for events
- Service breakfast buffet, (get food ready, clean tables, etc.), but until then we will likely only do room service until COVID outbreaks are under control. Which means gathering breakfast orders and taking meals to the rooms.
- Restock amenities for cleaners, free amenities for guests in dining room (tea, coffee, drinks, etc)
- Support guests in local suggestions for downtown restaurants, sites and happenings
- Facilitate guest check-in and check-out process
- Service Afternoon Tea/Wine Hour (which when safe to do will be complimentary for overnight guests)
- Manage daily newspapers/magazine subscriptions
- Check rooms after cleaning, before guest check in
- Must be able and willing to work longer or irregular hours while multitasking and being able to think clearly in emergency situations
- Physically active - will be required to sit, stand, kneel, walk and go up and down stairs while performing the duties of the job and will need to lift up to 30 pounds.
Get a more in-depth look at the space and everything it has to offer by clicking the link to the right.this way ▸